Frequently Asked Questions
- Which transformer would I require for 10 of these decking lights?
- A : Each fitting is 0.5 watts. 10 x 0.5 watts is 5 watts. The transformer you require is our lowest rated 22W transformer (GLTR22W)
- I want to use 15 of these lights. Will I need to buy extra extensio...
- A : Each fitting comes complete with a 1M cable in and a 1M cable out. Assuming that you will be placing each fitting within 2M of the one before it, you will not need to purchase any additional cables.
- What is the maximum number of decking lights that can be connected ...
- A : The manufacturer recommends a maximum of 30 light fittings per chain.
- Can I plug this system into a normal kitchen plug socket?
- A : Yes you can. The transformers feature a standard 3-pin domestic plug. Keep in mind that you will need to run the cable from your kitchen, to the outdoors. This may require removing the plug temporarily so that the cable can be fed through a window or door seal (for example). If so, you should consult a qualified electrician.
- I don't have a suitable socket for the transformer to plug into. Ho...
- A : Most users will plug the transformer into a socket in their shed, garage or utility room. If these options are not feasible then you can employ a qualified electrician to install an outdoor socket for you. You should expect to pay anywhere between £80 - £150 for the job.
- I live in Spain. Can I use this lighting system?
- A : Yes you can. It is possible to purchase EU transformers for this system instead of the UK versions listed here. Please call us on 0330 555 65 75 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can order them in for you.
Plug & Play Alpha Warm White LED Recess Outdoor Garden Decking Light
Next day delivery subject to stock availability. Order by 3 pm.
How Can we Help?
Low Voltage Garden Lighting - Made Easy!
If you are thinking of lighting up your garden, take a look at our plug and play garden lighting range. Save money by doing it yourself - A complete lighting systems can be installed safely and easily without the need for specialist tools or knowledge. And because it operates at 12 volts, you’re assured that your finished lighting scheme will be safe to use - ideal where there are children around.
Our plug and play garden lighting range comprises recessed ground and decking lights; wall lights; free-standing bollards and spotlights. A comprehensive set of accessories are available including extension cables and transformers. You can automate switching by selecting the optional remote controller and photocell. Virtually any lighting scheme is possible, there are light fittings to illuminate driveways, patios, flowerbeds and doorways. All fittings are inter-connectable and a weatherproof connection is achieved by simply screwing together by hand. Whatever scheme you decide on, the whole system is powered from a single 12v transformer - Just total-up the wattage used by the fittings on your system, and select the appropriate rating of transformer. You can easily extend or alter your lighting scheme at a later date, and all fittings come with a 3 year guarantee as standard..
- Voltage: 12v
- Wattage: 0.5W
- C/w LED lamp and 2 x 1M connecting cables
- Type: Recessed / Decking / Ground light
- LED colour: Warm white
- Lumen output: 10lm
- Submersible to 0.5M
- Drive-over strength of up to 20kN
- Energy saving technology
- 3 year guarantee
- IP Rating: IP68
- Material: Stainless steel
- Finish: Stainless steel
- Height: 46mm
- Diameter: 44mm
- Cut-out: 30mm
View the product manual here
- Code: GLALPHA
- Page Number in Catalogue: 231
- Finish: Stainless Steel
- Lamp Holder: LED
- Outdoor Lighting Location: Garden, Ground/Driveway/Decking, Pond / Water Feature
- Outdoor Lighting Type: Decking Lights, Plug & Play Lights
- Lighting Wattage: 0.5W
- Lighting Voltage: 12v, Low Voltage