Frequently Asked Questions
- Which transformer would I require for 6 of these spike lights?
- A : Each fitting is 2.5 watts. 6 x 2.5 watts equals 15 watts. The transformer you require is our lowest rated 22W transformer (GLTR22W).
- Can I plug this system into a normal kitchen plug socket?
- A : Yes you can. The transformers feature a standard 3-pin domestic plug. Keep in mind that you will need to run the cable from your kitchen, to the outdoors. This may require removing the plug temporarily so that the cable can be fed through a window or door seal (for example). If so, you should consult a qualified electrician.
- I don't have a suitable socket for the transformer to plug into. Ho...
- A : Most users will plug the transformer into a socket in their shed, garage or utility room. If these options are not feasible then you can employ a qualified electrician to install an outdoor socket for you. You should expect to pay anywhere between £80 - £150 for the job.
- I live in Spain. Can I use this lighting system?
- A : Yes you can. It is possible to purchase EU transformers for this system instead of the UK versions listed here. Please call us on 0330 555 65 75 or email us on email@example.com so that we can order them in for you.
Plug & Play Minus 2.5W LED Steel Outdoor Garden Spotlight Spike Light
Usually Delivered Next Working Day
Low Voltage Garden Lighting - Made Easy!
If you are thinking of lighting up your garden, take a look at our plug and play garden lighting range. Save money by doing it yourself - A complete lighting systems can be installed safely and easily without the need for specialist tools or knowledge. And because it operates at 12 volts, you’re assured that your finished lighting scheme will be safe to use - ideal where there are children around.
Our plug and play garden lighting range comprises recessed ground and decking lights; wall lights; free-standing bollards and spotlights. A comprehensive set of accessories are available including extension cables and transformers. You can automate switching by selecting the optional remote controller and photocell. Virtually any lighting scheme is possible, there are light fittings to illuminate driveways, patios, flowerbeds and doorways. All fittings are inter-connectable and a weatherproof connection is achieved by simply screwing together by hand. Whatever scheme you decide on, the whole system is powered from a single 12v transformer - Just total-up the wattage used by the fittings on your system, and select the appropriate rating of transformer. You can easily extend or alter your lighting scheme at a later date, and all fittings come with a 3 year guarantee as standard..
- Voltage: 12v
- Wattage: 2.5W
- C/w LED lamp and 2M connecting cable
- Type: Spike Light / Spotlight
- LED colour: Warm white
- Install via ground spike or mounting base
- Energy saving technology
- 3 year guarantee
- IP Rating: IP44
- Material: Cast Aluminium
- Finish: Gun metal
- Height: 70mm
- Diameter: 90mm
View the product manual here
- Brand: Plug & Play
- Code: GLMINUS
- Page Number in Catalogue: 230
- Finish: Stainless Steel
- Lamp Holder: LED
- Outdoor Lighting Location: Garden, Ground/Driveway/Decking, Pathway
- Outdoor Lighting Type: Plug & Play Lights, Spike Lights, Spotlights
- Lighting Wattage: 2.5W
- Lighting Voltage: 12v, Low Voltage