Frequently Asked Questions
- Which transformer would I require for 10 of these decking lights?
- A : Each fitting is 0.5 watts. 10 x 0.5 watts is 5 watts. The transformer you require is our lowest rated 22W transformer (GLTR22W)
- I want to use 15 of these lights. Will I need to buy extra extensio...
- A : Each fitting comes complete with a 1M cable in and a 1M cable out. Assuming that you will be placing each fitting within 2M of the one before it, you will not need to purchase any additional cables.
- What is the maximum number of decking lights that can be connected ...
- A : The manufacturer recommends a maximum of 30 light fittings per chain.
- Can I plug this system into a normal kitchen plug socket?
- A : Yes you can. The transformers feature a standard 3-pin domestic plug. Keep in mind that you will need to run the cable from your kitchen, to the outdoors. This may require removing the plug temporarily so that the cable can be fed through a window or door seal (for example). If so, you should consult a qualified electrician.
- I don't have a suitable socket for the transformer to plug into. Ho...
- A : Most users will plug the transformer into a socket in their shed, garage or utility room. If these options are not feasible then you can employ a qualified electrician to install an outdoor socket for you. You should expect to pay anywhere between £80 - £150 for the job.
- I live in Spain. Can I use this lighting system?
- A : Yes you can. It is possible to purchase EU transformers for this system instead of the UK versions listed here. Please call us on 0330 555 65 75 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can order them in for you.
Plug & Play Alpha Warm White LED Recess Outdoor Garden Decking Light
Usually Delivered Next Working Day
The Plug & Play lighting system is the safest and simplest way to install lighting at any outdoor location - it won’t any get easier! All Plug & Play products, from the transformers to the light fittings, are manufactured with watertight screw connectors. You won't need any tools and you won't need to do any wiring. Simply choose your light fittings, add up the wattages then select the appropriate transformer for the combined power. Additional extension leads can also be purchased to allow greater flexibility in where the light fittings can be placed. Got a question? Give us a call, send us an email or watch the video on the left hand side of this page.
- Voltage: 12v
- Wattage: 0.5W
- C/w LED lamp and 2 x 1M connecting cables
- Type: Recessed / Decking / Ground light
- LED colour: Warm white
- Lumen output: 10lm
- Submersible to 0.5M
- Drive-over strength of up to 20kN
- Energy saving technology
- 3 year guarantee
- IP Rating: IP68
- Material: Stainless steel
- Finish: Stainless steel
- Height: 46mm
- Diameter: 44mm
- Cut-out: 30mm
View the product manual here
- Brand: Plug & Play
- Code: GLALPHA
- Page Number in Catalogue: 217
- Finish: Stainless Steel
- Lamp Holder: LED
- Outdoor Lighting Location: Garden, Ground/Driveway/Decking, Pond / Water Feature
- Outdoor Lighting Type: Decking Lights, Plug & Play Lights
- Lighting Wattage: 0.5W
- Lighting Voltage: 12v, Low Voltage